What is Curves?
- Curves is the 30-minute healthy workout class just for women. It’s a club where any woman of any age can easily drop in for just a 30-minute workout without a reservation.
- Why choose Curves?
- Curves is a fitness club for women that puts the emphasis on attentive exercise coaching and friendly communication. For women who worry that they’re not good at working out or that they’re losing strength as they age, or have other worries, Curves make it easy to start an exercise program, stick to it and see results without stress or strain. That’s why Service Productivity & Innovation for Growth (SPRING) has selected Curves as No. 1 in customer satisfaction in the fitness industry for five years in a row.
- Easy for any woman at any age!
- Our core customer group is women aged 50 or over.
- About 80% of our members consider themselves “not good at exercising.”
- Highly effective exercise programs
- Just 30 minutes per session, no reservation required!
- Members can drop in at whatever time suits them.
- No waiting
- Convenient locations in central business and shopping areas
- Programs are easy to stick to because they’re fun!
- Patient and attentive coaching
- Friendly communication with coaches
- A community of women
Top marks in the industry in five categories
- ・Customer satisfaction (general satisfaction)
- ・Recommendations (willingness to recommend to a friend）
- ・Customer expectations (degree of results expected）
- ・Perceived quality (quality of service)
- ・Loyalty (desire to continue using the same company)
- What's our secret?
- The Curves workout is an original circuit-training program that has three components: Strength training, aerobic exercise and stretching. In just 30 minutes, this workout efficiently provides all the exercise women need. The results of the Curves workout are scientifically proven through joint research with a variety of research institutes.
The Curves workout
The Curves workout works, as proven in joint research with several research institutes.
Effect of circuit-type combined training on various physical functions in middle-aged women
Miyachi M et al.
2008 Presented to the Japanese Society of Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine (in Japanese)
Combined aerobic and resistance training, and incidence of diabetes: A retrospective cohort study in Japanese older women.
Sawada SS,et al. J Diabetes Investig.
Effect of short-duration circuit training on muscle mass, muscle strength and walking ability of middle-aged and elderly women
Kuno S et al.
2014 Presented to the Japanese Society of Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine (in Japanese)
Four weeks of combination exercise training improved executive functions, episodic memory, and processing speed in healthy elderly people: evidence from a randomized controlled trial.
Nouchi R,et al. Age (Dordr). 2014 Apr;36(2):787-99.